Italy has hundreds of indigenous grape varieties and each of its 20 regions produce their own varieties unique to that region only. In each of our trips we will discover the noble varieties of wines such as Sangiovese, Barolo, Aglianico, Nero d’Avola, Cattaratto, Nerello Mascalese and many others, as well as the minor, lesser known indigenous varieties.
The fun is to discover the perfect match!
We will explore:
– how to taste wine
– what to look for in a wine
– the qualities that make a ‘good’ wine
– the character of Italy’s unique grape varieties
– Italy’s multiple wine producing regions
– the perfect match of wine & food
– And in doing this we will have tremendous fun!!!